Here's a little collection of art I've been admiring around the interwebs. Summer Solstice has come and gone, and I'm dreaming of beach days - the beauty of the ocean is calling! From the dusty cobalt of wave-worn beach glass to the clear aquamarine of tropical waves, today's round-up features art inspired by the sea.
- Bowl in Layers of Blue by Elephant Ceramics. I absolutely love the raw simplicity of Elephant Ceramics. Michele Michael's handbuilt porcelain and stoneware reveal every step of the ceramic process and manage to be naked and sophisticated at the same time. Plus her colour sense is crazy beautiful, and her background as a prop stylist shows in her delicious website. Go over and check it out.
- Blue Sea Glass Necklace by Bellina Creations on Etsy. Don't you love the idea of using precious sea glass pieces as jewels?
- This is a print from a vintage book plate, with gorgeous altered colour. A few of these framed and grouped together would be lovely. Antique Sea Coral in Aqua is by Belle Mer Graphics on Etsy, where she has dozens of similarly pretty altered antique prints.
- I follow the ceramic work of Linda Fahey with excitement. She's been an inspiration in my own work - her handbuilt pieces have a fluid, dynamic grace appropriate to their frequently marine themes, and I love the way she marries illustration and surface design to form. Plus those cobalts! This serving bowl, The Ship on the Sea, from her Etsy shop is perfect for a summer table.
- Palm Tree Beach Art Print by Seven Eleven Studios on Etsy. The yummy aqua of that ocean is just divine.
- Papercut Illustration - Two Jellyfish in the Ocean by Sarah Trumbauer Creatives on Etsy. Print of an original papercut illustration. Wouldn't this make an incredible textile design?
- A surfing sloth greeting card? Isn't it wonderful? From the incredible imagination of Art by Luka Va on Etsy