17.1.12

2012: 12 Months, 12 Habits, 12 Transformations. (and a free goodie for you.)

wide open to the new year

2012 is going to be a year of transformation, I just know it!

I'd love it if you joined me this year on a journey of transformation. Here's the story:

In 2011 I took a little break from setting New Year's goals, and set myself one simple vision: to let my light shine. I believe my intuitive wisdom led me to do this at the beginning of a year which turned out to be a wild ride from one unexpected destination to the next. Best laid plans were left in disarray. The major events of the year were two profound losses in our family, one in March and one in November. The summer was spent dealing with the fallout from a criminal fraud perpetrated against me. Yep, it was NOT a year of highlights.

Still, 2011 was a year of healing, learning, and unexpected gifts. I'm genuinely grateful for the incredible set of tools and skills I acquired on the journey. I'm so much wiser, clearer, and stronger than I was one year ago today.

12 Months, 12 Habits, 12 Transformations

So this year, I'm ambitious. I'm enthusiastic. I'm ready to take it on and succeed.

Here's my vision: I want 2012 to be a year of radical self-care. I want to love myself deeply and strongly enough to just go ahead and do those things that I know will make me shine and glow. 


After a lot of brainstorming, I was able to name 11 transformations I want to make this year, (based on my seven keys to an artful life):

1. embrace moderation
2. make home a sanctuary
3. love my body with movement
4. love my body with food
5. embrace a daily spiritual practice
6. nurture my relationships
7. nurture my sensuality
8. practice fearlessness + optimism daily
9. love and heal my finances
10. practice daily creativity
11. practice excellent self-care

Next, I started to think about how to succeed on this journey of transformation, by making
a simple plan for profound changes:
  • take my time: focus on one transformation a month (and one for celebration!)
  • target one key habit that will catalyze each transformation
  • set reasonable, specific goals
  • create do-able action steps based on each goal
  • plan, plan, plan!
  • seek support and information to help with each transformation
  • share my journey! 
Do you want to join me?  Each month I'll be posting my monthly goals and goal collage as usual - and alongside, a reflection on the transformation for the month. You are welcome to reflect along with me on the month's theme, then commit to one transformative habit each month in your own life. You can check in here for inspiration.
    Sound like fun? Well, first up is moderation. I'll be posting this week on my adventures in moderation so far this January, and I'd love to hear yours. Where do you need more moderation in your life? Is there an unhealthy habit you've given up this New Years? How is it going? Do you need some help and support?

    Maybe this will help - my New Years gift to you. It's a pretty 10 page printable Monthly Goal Journal to help you keep your goals for January. Grab it here.


        No comments:

        LinkWithin

        Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...