28.12.11

holiday highlights, walls & beds.

Sometime this afternoon I hit the wall - two months of hospital and hospice vigil, grief, grueling travel days, crazy work catch-up, then Hello Christmas - I got through all of it, somehow, strong and in good spirits - and today I just felt my knees buckle, so to speak. Time to be quiet and fill the well. Time for an immediate mini-bed-retreat. Cozy PJ's and a spritz of Betsey Johnson perfume. Twinkly lights on, bed curtains closed, hot cocoa on side table, in bed with MacBook, 2012 Goals Journal, idea book, new Steve Jobs biography, and pug. Not coming out until tomorrow!!
But I wanted to share some of my holiday highlights with you before the Christmas mood slips away...
so here is a selection of my favourite holiday moments:

arranging flowers in a silver bowl for the coffee table, just like Grandmother would

pugdeer

daughter, sweetie, & pug seek the perfect tree...

and here it is...

handmade ornaments

lunch at the bistro with my daughter is a rare treat

daniel made us a beet  and apple salad with minted goat cheese

turkey dinner for everyone at the Community Hall is an annual event

lots of cooking from scratch

and mother-daughter cookie baking marathons

this years handmade gift for friends

stayed up late making labels (hand painted, scanned, then text added with photoshop) & tying ribbon while sipping mulled cider and listening to Christmas stories on the radio...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...