15.12.11

handmade solstice wreath



On Saturday, I participated in a handmade wreath workshop at our little Arts Centre. What fun! The instructors, two island fibre artists, brought in great bags and piles of fresh locally gathered greens of all kinds, and taught us how to adorn a simple willow base with this bounty of nature. I added peacock feathers gathered from my meadow, along with lichen and bay leaves and a big soft satin bow. I love it!

I wanted to share some how-to's on this with you, and because we used very traditional methods and all natural materials, it was hard to find any how-to's on-line! I did find this excellent series on a blog from the UK, so if you live somewhere with an abundance of natural greens, you can try it!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...