30.9.11

friday i'm in love: deliciousness & colour

Hello Beautiful,

I hope that every week I can fall a little bit more in love with the world.

Seriously.

This mysterious dance we do on the earth, in human skin, it's like a love affair.

Deluded, yet exquisitely, perfectly real. Gorgeous, all encompassing, so beautiful. Perfect, ecstatic, unbelievably unfair and painful.

Sacred, mundane.
Prepare for transfiguration, miracles, euphoria, ecstasy, boredom, and dirty dishes. Then more ecstasy. Don't forget the mystery.

Love. I don't reserve it only for my most intimate beloveds: child, partner, buddha, pug, self, island. I bestow it widely, on many things and people and experiences - I love so much. Don't you?

SO Fridays on The Artful Life are devoted to being in love. And talking about it. This feature is all about whatever I fell in love with this week, on the interwebs or otherwise. And whatever I think you might fall in love with too. Little loves and big loves. So here we go:

This week, I see from the photos I've pulled together, I'm in love with richness and colour, pattern and beauty. More than ever, I'm feeling an urge to create sanctuary and comfort in our home, and as the season turns to Fall, I always yearn for cozy domesticity and crafty creativity, don't you?

I totally love Mary Ann Moss. I can't believe I didn't discover her sooner. Her blog, Dispatch from LA, is an absolute treat, and I recently signed up for her Remains of the Day scrappy journal e-course, which generated the work above, and caused several sleepy days due to late night creative frenzies. SO fun!! Just fun. I really have not indulged in this kind of playful art-fun for much too long. I'm so grateful for the inspiration and the invitation to play.

 I love my new livingroom colour (jewelbox turquoise) and this week I sewed up these pillows for the couch, from five different vintage fabric pieces I've been keeping forever, each of which feature exotic vines and flowers and birds in delicious rich colours. Chloe loves them too.

 So, right now, as I write, the house is filled with this  mouth watering, savory, garlicky, tomato-y smell... oh my. I love it. I'm roasting a batch of heirloom tomatoes from my garden, inspired by this un-recipe on Elena Rego's Food Practice blog. I'll pop them in the freezer, and be able to tap into this late summer richness later in the winter... yum....

I love my forest home. I love the immense sacred trees, I love that I can walk among them to the ocean every day. Sometimes I forget how special this place is - one of the world's only temperate rain forests. Sometimes I take for granted the sweet ocean and cedar air, the raven calls in the silence, the tides, the trees. But this week, I am breathing it all in, in gratitude.

What are you in love with this week?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...