Have you set your goals for the month of May yet? It's not too late... we are just easing in to this month of delicious burgeoning growth. What are you dreaming of? What lights a fire under you? What are your wishes and prayers?
May is a month of dreams come true, old roses wide open to the sky, birds in their nests, fading cherry blossoms ... I LOVE it!! May is my birth month, and as my fave astrologer recently noted, we Tauruses live for all things delicious: "love, art, flowers, relationships, butter, bacon, and chocolate." With sincere apologies to my vegan friends, I have to say she's right. I DO love all things delicious, and the month of May is like one long delicious swoon for me, with a birthday party right in the middle. LOVE. On Saturday I will be celebrating with breakfast in the garden for my friends; champagne, chocolate, and strawberries. The forecast says the weather will be fine. I wish you could all be there too!
Here's my vision board for May (note birthday figures prominently!) April goals went really well, I've updated the post there if you're curious. And I'd LOVE to hear what your intentions for sweet May are - share them here, and the magic of the May Queen will help to make them true....
My May goals include:
In the Career and Finances Category:
- Launch my new biz site, artfuldesign.ca (held over from April)
- Read and implement the advice from one good biz/marketing book
- Complete and have printed the gorgeous new Artist's Map and Guide for our island!
- Lavish attention on this blog
- Create a new e-course called Bloom
- I have a very specific amount I intend to earn this month. It has a 6 in it. Think good thoughts for me.
In the Health and Self Care area:
- Vinyasa yoga 2 times a week
- Continue with running 3 times a week
- Continue with daily mindfulness meditation
- Continue with anti-inflammatory diet (Yay! I feel so good!)
- Start some weight lifting for Michelle Obama inspired arms
- Get 5 new spring/summer dresses, vintage sundress loveliness
In the Home and Garden Category:
- Bathroom Makeover (April holdover)
- Sew new slipcovers for the livingroom - I'm seeing blue and white Ikat
- Laundry room makeover. Oh my. major decluttering.
- Clean and cute-ify our little vintage trailer/guest house for the kids to stay in when they visit in June (kids=daughter+boyfriend)
- Organize the ceramics studio
In the Fun and Social Category:
- Have a fabulous birthday: champagne breakfast, italian dinner, and shopping in between.
- Go on a plant buying expedition with my friend K
- Have lunch with my friend L
- Do some ceramic play
- Start art journaling for the Sketchbook Project Denman Island
- Host a dinner party with East Indian food
- Buy a kayak