Hello wise one,
Here are two images from my most beautiful weekend; pink rain, pink cherry blossoms.
A couple of weeks ago I made a commitment to myself: Take Weekends Off. For the last 6 years I have been building two businesses, a home and a studio. I've also squeezed in a one year contract job and two years of school; oh, and raising a teen! NOT complaining. I love my life, and I love to be very engaged with doing new things, reaching goals, and moving forward. What happened over the last 5ish years, though, is that things slipped slowly out of balance until weekends were indistinguishable from the work week.
And then that just didn't work anymore.
So now I'm taking weekends off.
It feels really new, and strange. And Fridays are damn busy. But I love it!
- two dinner parties (highlight: pit roasted chicken and yams)
- one jam night at the pub (highlight: a great rendition of The Mavericks' There Goes My Heart)
- thrift store shopping (highlight: the cherry trees outside the store)
- gardening, gardening, gardening! (highlight: I love gardening!)
- a leisurely afternoon drive with my sweetie (highlight: pulling over to take pictures of PINK rain falling over a lavender sea!)
- not checking e-mail
- watching Vancouver beat Chicago. Twice.
- resting, dreaming, drinking bubbly, sleeping in.