8.3.11

choosing wisely



May I offer my care and presence without conditions, knowing they may be met by gratitude, anger or indifference.
May I find the inner resources to truly be able to give.
May I remain in peace, and let go of expectations.
May I offer love, knowing I can’t control the course of life, suffering, or death.
I care about your pain, yet cannot control it.
I wish you happiness and peace, but cannot make your choices for you.
May I see my limits compassionately, just as I view the limitations of others.
                                                                                                               -Sharon Salzburg

Hello Beautiful,

How is your week going so far? According to my favourite astrologer, this is a big week in our lives: big changes, endings, and releasing going on! And also plenty of opportunities for making choices, choices that will help to create the Next Big Thing in our lives - the new phase we are moving into. Are you feeling any of this energy in your life?  I am so curious, because I certainly am!

Feeling in the midst of change and uncertainty, I am taking the opportunity to be mindful of my choices and my behaviours. Last night I couldn't sleep. The wind kept blowing the windows open, things felt wild and unsettled. I put on the twinkly lights, made some tea, fluffed my pillows, and sat up with my journal. At the top of a clean page I wrote "I choose"


I choose equanimity instead of drama.

I choose compassion instead of anger.

I choose being true to myself instead of pleasing others.

I choose generosity instead of selfishness.

I choose mindfulness instead of fear.

I choose confidence instead of procrastination.

I choose being present instead of numbing out.

I choose to listen.

I choose to plan for the best outcome.

I choose to trust.

I choose to love openheartedly.

I choose to be myself.

I choose to love myself.

I choose to treat others, and myself, with lovingkindness.

I choose to embrace opportunities for growth and change.

I choose optimism.

I choose beauty.

I choose cheerfulness.

I choose health.

I choose loving self-care.

I choose wisdom.

I choose love.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I love this! Just wanted I needed. Thank you :)

Bronwyn said...

Thank you, Sarah, I'm glad it resonated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...