One of the very first things we did was examine the importance of self-care for creative work. I focused specifically on blogging, but of course, self-nourishment is essential for any kind of creative endeavor! In the course, I examine in depth five ways nurture your creative work and provide yourself with a nourishing environment, inner and outer, where your creative self-expression can flourish. Here's just a tid-bit from that, in the form of 5 Tips for Nurturing Creativity :
- manage your time; honour your commitment to yourself & your creativity.
- bring your best self to your work; be awake, nourished, beautified, relaxed, and undistracted.
- set an intention for your time; draw a card, make a prayer, write or state a goal.
- be mindful and fully present mentally, physically, and emotionally; take time to get grounded.
- create sacred space for your creativity; clear clutter, light candles, bring in flowers and beautiful, meaningful objects.
Here is my Monday morning workspace, showing all 5 tips: