30.11.10

bare branches

I've put a couple of vases with bare winter branches around the house. They are beautiful in the winter sunlight, also in the evening candlelight. I'm feeling a bit stripped bare myself lately, as if I am being asked to really look at the underlying structure of my life, asked to decide what is beautful and graceful and a strong support, and also to decide what is weak and inelegant. Time for some pruning so the new growth will be more lush and healthy.

Here's a good reminder, from Desiderata, which we've all read and loved:
(I was reminded of it by this week's post by my favourite astrologer.)

Beyond a wholesome discipline,
be gentle with yourself.
You are a child of the universe,
no less than the trees and the stars;
you have a right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you,
no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...