Well, this is pretty exciting... sometimes I feel sort of alone in Blogland, like why-am-I-sitting-at-the-computer-again-and-does-anybody-actually-read-this-or-care???? But then something fun happens, like Kate at The Peony and the Bee invites me to play a game. Here's how it works:
1. Link to the person who tagged you
2. Post the rules on your blog
3. Write 6 random things about yourself
4. Tag 6 people at the end of your post and link to them
5. Let each person know they have been tagged and leave a comment on their blog
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up
So here are my six random things:
1. I have a weakness for beautiful Italian shoes and handbags, EVEN THOUGH I live in a very rural, muddy place where most people, most of the time, wear rubber boots and carry canvas shopping bags. You'll still see me mincing through the mud and navigating the aging floorboards of the porch of the general store in my gorgeous stiletto heels. Oh, and I am 5'9" in bare feet...
2. For a few years in my twenties I read Tarot cards for a living. And I was really, really good.
3. I love colour. I love being surrounded by beautiful colour, and in my small house I have walls in each of these colours: lime green, celery green, hot pink, pale turquoise, chinese red, and iridescent mother-of-pearl.
4. I am a word-nerd. I love words and word origins. If a book has a glossary, I will read the entire thing with great attention.
5. I have Sun in Taurus, Moon in Cancer, and Gemini Ascendant.
6. I am 44 years old and I am happier now than I have ever been in my life.
OK, now I have to tag six people... and I don't really have many blogfriends yet ... so I will take a chance and tag some people whose blogs I admire, and some people who have left me comments....
but I'll start with my friend & dance buddy Bryanna, a fabulous vegan chef who inspired me to start blogging, she's at Vegan Feast Kitchen... then Leaves of Glass, by fellow etsian & amazing jeweler... Krista at Luminous Life, who I have never corresponded with but know from her blog that we share many passions ... Nicole at Little Flowers ... who I know is taking a break right now but might want to play next month... and my fellow Vancouver-Islander at New Way to Write.... OK, that's five, and I think that's about the best I can do. SO here we go!