14.9.08

The quality of light has been so amazing these past two weeks or so - witness the late afternoon sun filtered through leaf shadows illuminating this little buddha in my livingroom... somehow I am having trouble soaking up the light, I'm longing for ease and focus, but these qualities elude me. I know what I need to do to feel better and regain that precious focus and creativity. I need to walk through the forest then all the way out to the end of the spit and breathe in the sea and sky, hear the voice of the water, see how the land and sky change day to day. I need to do this every day. I need to move my body, some gentle yoga with lots of breath, even just 15 minutes. I need to do this every day. I need to light a candle while I work and take little steps towards bringing peace and order to the cluttered corners of my life. I need to not yell at myself about how I am not doing these things. I need to spend mornings in the studio, with a cup of strong tea, some great music or inspiring podcasts, just dig in and get orders out, but also dig in and make all those cups and bowls and cake stands that are rattling around in my head. I'll let you know how it goes.

1 comment:

Coleen said...

i know exactly what you mean, i have been feeling out of focus and imbalanced lately and while i know the things that will help me get out of my current state of being, finding the time everyday to do them is my problem.

enjoyed reading your post :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...